Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Long Corridor ~ First Painting in the Extracting the Raw Series

Extracting the Raw ~ A Woman's Journey from Pain to Promise

The first painting created for the series is called the Long Corridor. It is a memory I carry from the age of 4, with the fear and anticipation of being taken to the Operating Room for my amputation surgery. The waves of water that carry me there are the emotions that I held, but did not share with any other person.


Childhood is left behind those doors, for when I emerge, the challenges that lie ahead require a more serious spirit.


1 comment:

covenantwmn said...

So touching Jeanne, I can't imagine. I'm hoping you find a greater understanding and peace through this project. That's not exactly what i'm trying to say, just to say I hope this benefits you, as well as giving voice to all of our heart-wrenching experiences. Blessings to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...