Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Luna Moth - Her Gift and Symbolism

The Luna Moth (Polyphemus Moth - Antheraea Polypehmus)  may be considered one of the most Spiritual and Mystical of animal totems. To meet one is a special gift, for when she is in her adult moth stage she only lives for approximately one week. While living through their adult moth life they do not eat, for they have no mouth. One might say that their purpose is to reproduce, but I say it is to Love. They are born, they transform, they love, they die, and then are again reborn. Their cycles are short, as are our years while we are here.
We are reminded to make the most of our moments and to Live and Love to the fullest. It is an appreciation for the simple magic of existence, and to explore it with excitement.

Luna Moth Animal Totem Meaning and Art Polythemus Moth
Luna Moth Art Print https://jean-fry.pixels.com/products/moth-study-jean-fry-art-print.html

 She is most often seen in the evenings, attracted to the moon and to light. She speaks of our connection to the Feminine, our inner spirit, trust in ourselves and our intuition. We learn of the importance in finding the balance between light and dark, the seen and the unseen.
She is a reminder that when all is said and done, our Healing, Authenticity, and Sense of Love are the ultimate journey.

Luna Moth her Gift and Symbolism Artwork
Luna Moth - Her Gift and Symbolism Art Print https://jean-fry.pixels.com/products/the-luna-moth-journey-of-faith-and-love-jean-fry-art-print.html
I brought the beauty of the Luna Moth into one of my new paintings, titled "The Symbolic Journey of Faith and Love". It was created in an Art Nouveau style, bringing the White Butterflies, Dragonfly, and Luna Moths into the Mandala design.

Luna Moth Artwork Weekender Tote Bag
Luna Moth Weekender Tote Bag https://jean-fry.pixels.com/products/moth-study-jean-fry-weekender-totebag.html

Luna Moth Study Artwork Coffee Mug
Luna Moth Study Artwork Coffee Mug https://jean-fry.pixels.com/products/moth-study-jean-fry-coffee-mug.html
Luna Moth Gift and Symbolism Artwork Coffee Mug
Luna Moth Gift and Symbolism Artwork Coffee Mug https://jean-fry.pixels.com/products/the-luna-moth-journey-of-faith-and-love-jean-fry-coffee-mug.html 






 

The Luna Moth is one of my favorite totems. Isn't it grand that such a small piece of beauty, can make us gasp in delight like when we were children?




The Spirit of the Luna Moth is captured in this Handmade Gourd Art Bowl with Dried Grass Lacing. It was created using a beautiful gourd from one of our local gourd farms, the cleaned and cut into its shape. Using leather acrylics, the background of the gourd was painted in blended shades of browns with hints of mint green and beige running through it. - See more at: http://jeannefryart.indiemade.com/product/luna-moth-painted-gourd-art-bowl-dried-grass-lacing-earthy-decor-jeanne-fry#sthash.NyaYdDyG.dpuf

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

during the summer my son found a dead Luna moth. he was on a walk in the woods. he was with his thra pist he has PTSD. this description I looked up for him gave him and I some big brightness on this dark journey... thank you for the light I love your
site;-)

Jeanne Fry Art said...

Thank you for sharing. Blessings of Love sent to you.

PrettyGonzo said...

This is lovely, Jeanne! Love the painting and love the gourd art bowl. I knew nothing about luna moths, and feel I've learned something valuable from your post. Thank you so much! Have shared at G+!

DeeDee said...

I went to get in my car this morning and a lunar moth was right on the drivers door. At first I didnt know what it was and my daughter explained it to me and sent me this article. I feel really blessed to have seen this moth, and now its gone.........

Unknown said...

I was Bless to see one in fla.and one in Ga.and i really took it as something spirtual.and now that i have read this..wow....

Anonymous said...

Im sitting here right now looking at one hanging on the wall in the breeze way. I wasnt for sure ehat it was because it looks lime a leaf but as I got closer I could see it wasn't. The wind started blowing and I noticed the wing is torn...what can I do to help

Kimberly King said...

I have a Luna moth perched beside me for the last hour or so. It is winter and daytime, I feel like this moth has defied many odds to show up at this moment. Also it is December 22, 2018...and this moth is here with me at the exact time of the full moon. I wish I could post a picture to share in the beauty. I feel that this is proof that miracles are real. Believe.

Unknown said...

I have this visitor on my door last night very beautiful thanks for the love n blessings

Fantasy Floozie- Kenya Wright said...

I saw one today on my walk with my son as I was talking to him about a new venture I was about to start in life.

Unknown said...

I feel special enough to have seen one of these beauties appear in the day time this last Saturday at my husband's celebration of life. She flew into the shelter house at the park we were at and stayed with us through the whole day. It was quite a site.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...